Historic Masonry Preservation Certificate (HMPC)
As the list of historic buildings and structures increases, so does the demand for qualified masons who have the necessary skill and knowledge in preserving them.
The International Masonry Training Education Foundation (IMTEF), has developed the Historic Masonry Preservation Certificate Program (HMPC).
This is a 50 hour program that equips our members with an integrated knowledge and training in historic masonry preservation that includes the following core modules:
• Fundamentals of Historic Preservation
• Mortars in Preservation
• Introduction to Masonry Building Materials/Technology/Deterioration
• Traditional and Contemporary Repair Methods
• Historic Structure, Condition, & Testing Reports
To earn the IMTEF Historic Masonry Certificate Members interested in attending this training program must:
1) Be classified as a Journeyman Bricklayer or Tuckpointer
2) Must have 5 yrs of Jouneyman level trade experience.
3) Be a member of the B.A.C in good standing.
4) Provide a $200 deposit which will be fully refunded upon successful completion and full attendance of the course.
Call the office at 630-953-0835 to sign up for an upcoming class:
January 6th through January 11th 2020
February 24th through February 29th 2020
March 23rd through March 28th 2020
(There will be some late evenings)